- Compulsive preoccupation with a fixed idea or an unwanted feeling or emotion, often accompanied by symptoms of anxiety.
- A compulsive, often unreasonable idea or emotion.
Habit may refer to:
- Habit (psychology), an acquired pattern of behavior that often occurs automatically
- Habituation, non-associative learning in which there is a progressive diminution of behavioral response probability with repetition of a stimulus
- An act done repeatedly, sometimes unconsciously (such as a tic), sometimes for leisure (such as a hobby)
Today I'm putting something out there that y'all might help me with.
I tend to eat or listen to, or just do things until I can't stand it any longer. Does that make sense?
For instance: my daughters made me a playlist for my iPod ( nice I know) I love all the music they put on this one certain playlist.
The problem, I only now listen to that certain playlist. Why? Because I love it sooooo much.
and I don't want to listen to anything else. I will listen to this, until finally I start to detest it! Thats right, I will start hating the music. I just can't help it.
The same with food, I'll start to love a certain food (chili) and I have to, or want it everyday--until bam, yes, that's right I hate it!
Why can't I just go along, like everyone else, in moderation and like, and eat, a variety of different things?
Maybe it's habit--my life is a habit and series of rituals.
Started a long time ago: get up in the morning and feed the horses, run back in the house take a shower and go to school...everyone has a morning ritual, not a problem--the problem is when you start hating the habit, ritual or obsession (don't really like the word) anyway, I think you're starting to see where I'm going with this.
Am I normal? Do you do this too?
Comment please! anonymously, I don't care just tell me.
I'm really not that upset about this habit of mine, just curious that's all!
p.s. don't really think I need therapy, would only love it and then hate it!!!