Wednesday, February 13, 2008



Well, here's two pictures of our wonderful guy! It's been a long time since anyone's been here or posted. As most of you know Rickie was diagnosed with cystic fibrosis last October. finally some answers to why he's been so sick. Last October Rickie was really sick-when Chloe picked him up at school, he came out and just put his head into her chest. Chloe's 11 and very motherly to him. When he got home his temperature was 103.6-he never has a fever. He was coughing as he always does and just miserable. I took him to the Doc's and they gave him an antibiotic and said more than likely it was the flu and he has bronchitis. He got over the flu thing and the cough never went away. (he's been coughing his entire life) One evening he coughed until 3o'clock in the morning. I took him back to the doctor's and I refused to leave the room. I said "I'm not leaving here until you tell me why he does not stop coughing!" Somethings wrong find it! She left the room for a while and came back and said, "We're going to test Rickie for Tuberculosis and cystic fibrosis"

Stomach in the mouth! Flash back in the doctor's office Rickie was around 3-4months old...sick again upper-respiratory...do you think Rickie could have CF? Oh no, he looks too good. I still thought he had it.

Well, needless to say we went to St.John's Hospital and had a sweat test done. Mom and Dad had come up that week-end. Mom and I were in Kroger's and I got a call it was the pediatrition. Rickie's sweat test came back elevated. I felt so dizzy, I thought I was going to throw up. So, do you think he has it? "Yes it was 97 and 98.

You know I still didn't think he had it. It surely was a mistake! Will finish this tomorrow. Good night for now. Carey


0 comments: