Friday, September 5, 2008

Swimming for Cystic Fibrosis..Friday foto Finish Fiesta













As most of you know five brave men committed to swim from Harsens Island to The Grosse Pointe yacht Club. September 4, 2008.

Fox 2 news planned on covering the event...although, there was something more important to cover...the plea agreement of the now ex-mayor of Detroit. So because of this man, fox 2 had to miss the event.









More important, we were there for them cheering them as they came in. Can you imagine swimming for 8 hours? I can't.

When you love your kids... you can do things you'd never think you could do, the human spirit is so incredible.

Congratulations: Ric Geyer, Derek Weaver, Greg McDuffee, Mike Hutchinson, Mike Stevens And a special thanks to Shaun McElroy for volunteering to ride the entire day in the boat, watching out for these guys. He is an EMT.

Thanks again!

Head on over to candidcarrie and check out all of the cool pictures...their has to be hundreds of them by now.


*click pictures to enlarge

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go! I can't imagine doing it. I am not a swimmer.

The Rule Maker said...

That is just amazing!

I am bummed for you guys about the news coverage! That bites!

I am sure you, Ricky and your entire family were so very proud of your husband! What a good man!

RBK's Realm said...

Congratulations! Who cares about Fox News when you have family and friends around along with the blogging world to share the news.

Cheers

Rhonda said...

That's too bad about stupid politicians getting in the way of REAL NEWS!

But ..... Woooohoooo! Way to go guys!

Lori said...

Wow! Better than Mark Phelps. Truly.

Anonymous said...

That is incredible to me....I don't think I could do it. It looks cold too!

This is why I don't watch local news.....its all the scandals...who cares!

Susie said...

Excellent job!! You do become super human when your kids are involved. What a shame that your local news didn't choose a more uplifting story for that day.

SouthernDogwoods said...

YAY! What a wonderful dad! I say Fox 2 should air it today. Heck, Fox News, CNN, etc. should air it.
That is quite an accomplishment not mention the sweetest thing!

Jess NBP said...

EIGHT HOURS!! i couldn't do it. LOL

happy fx4

Blog Stalker said...

My congratulations to them as well. I agree when it comes to your kids no mountain is too high and no river too wide. I take my hate off to your hubby and the others.(figuatively of course. I am not wearing a hat.)

Great job!

amelia bedelia said...

It is so amazing that he accomplished that! I really think it is great!

MediMonsters said...

Coming in from Candid Carrie!! Cool--great job!

jen721 said...

8 hours of swimming. I remember swim team practice feeling like 8 hours, but I can't imagine it in open water. Too bad about the news coverage. It is such a good cause.

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

That is too cool! I couldn't swim for 8 hours, but your right, if it were for my kids, I could do anything! Thanks for sharing!

Jen said...

WOW! What an incredible feat for a fantastic cause! Great pictures! (Summer with Doucettes)

Blessings From Above said...

Congratulations!!! What an amazing accomplishment for a GREAT cause.

God bless you all....again, and again, and again.